You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forum updated

We have recently updated our forums system, and we have cleared all spam topics and users. In case we accidentally deleted your account, please register again. If you miss a topic you have posted before, please let us know.

Post new reply

Post new reply

Compose and post your new reply

You may use: BBCode Smilies

All fields with bold label must be completed before the form is submitted.

Required information for guests

Required information

Topic review (newest first)

got it!

Thank you!!

Hello Marcos,

yes it is possible...

3 is the best choice...

the help you can find in gid user manual... and inspiration how to use it, in tutorial example... Tutorial.Static3D\8beams_loading_test.gid

Load universally for line and surface - Load can be applied to a part of a line or surface. When entering the force magnitudes for each component, it is possible to select suitable units. You can apply this condition to any line or surface in the model. If you don’t want to mesh this entity, and you want to use the line or surface only to apply the load, you can assign a material from book Dummy to this entity. The number A DIV and B DIV define into how many parts the element will be split for the forces application.

Hello,

Is it possible to apply a load line to a 3D element?

I'm modeling a steel plate with CCIsoBrick elements, in which a load line is applied on the top.
The GiD version that I'm using is 10, and the options are:

1 - Load Force for Line
2 - Load Force for 1D Line
3 -Load Universally for Line

According to the GiD description, the first option is only for 2D elements; the second is for 1D element; and the third is not really clear for me how to use it. I think I once read to use an approach with dummy material.

Could someone help me how to add this load line?

Best regards
Marcos

Hello,
in atena 3D you can set load force for line, or load force for surface.

I want to model RC beam with uniform load using ATENA 3D. any idea how to model uniform load?

Thank you