You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forum updated

We have recently updated our forums system, and we have cleared all spam topics and users. In case we accidentally deleted your account, please register again. If you miss a topic you have posted before, please let us know.

Post new reply

Post new reply

Compose and post your new reply

You may use: BBCode Smilies

All fields with bold label must be completed before the form is submitted.

Required information for guests

Required information

Topic review (newest first)

Dear Zarum,
the number of unconverged steps means the number of steps where at least one of the convergence error tolerances has been exceeded, see also ATENA Troubleshooting, 2.1.19 Problems reaching convergence and understanding ATENA convergence parameters and 2.4.2 I get the message "The execution is killed due to violation of stop iteration criteria", what does it mean? (the document is included in ATENA installation and also available for separate download from our web under Products - ATENA - Documentation).

Regards.

Hello,

I am doing the simulation of a reinforced concrete beam without stirrups. The model's processing is being executed in the ATENA Studio program. Three convergence graphs are shown: (1) Convergence Summary, (2) Step Convergence and (3) Interation Convergence.

In the graph Convergence Summary two lines are shown: Iteration Count and Non-converged step count. I understand the meaning of the Iteration Count line (number of iterations in each step). However, I do not understand the meaning of the Non-Converged Step Count line.

Could you give an explanation about that parameter?
Could the Non-Converged Step Count line be above the Iteration Count line?