You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forum updated

We have recently updated our forums system, and we have cleared all spam topics and users. In case we accidentally deleted your account, please register again. If you miss a topic you have posted before, please let us know.

Post new reply

Cervenka Consulting Forums → ATENA → atena sfrc beam → Post new reply

Post new reply

Compose and post your new reply

You may use: BBCode Smilies

All fields with bold label must be completed before the form is submitted.

Required information for guests

Required information

Topic review (newest first)

Dear preetwalia07,
please realize SFRC materials are not standarized in any way close to the "normal" concrete classes. This means you basically need at least the basic material tests for each mixture (or even batch) to calibrate the material model. In other words, while the properties of a traditional mixture can be reasonably generated by just entering the mean compressive cube strength, this is far from enough for SFRC. The minimum is to get some information about the tensile response (e.g., from 4-point bending, direct tension, or 3-points bending).

Regards.

Hello Sir,
I am working on sfrc and I have 3dnon  linear cementitous 2user material model..I have read the literature for material parameters..but the formulas given atena input file format  differ with those from literature and values also have difference..what value should be taken, the one from equations in literature or from atena input file format

Dear preetwalia07,
the options recommended for representing FRC, smeared reinforcement and the Cem2User material model (as is the simplest option of just adjusting the fracture energy in the Cem2 material model), are available in both ATENA Engineering and ATENA Science.
Therefore, you can choose ATENA Egr or Sci based on other factors (curved geometry, advanced models for creep/shrinkage, thermal /moisture transport, dynamics analysis, ...) or your preferences.

Regards.

In atena documentation,frc has been done in GiD ,so i have to prepare sfrc beam in GiD and can i not use atena 3D v 5??

In atena documentation,frc has been done in GiD ,so i have to prepare sfrc beam in GiD can i not use atena 3D v 5

Dear preetwalia07,
please see ATENA Troubleshooting, 2.2.3 How can I model Fibre Reinforced Concrete (FRC, UHPC, SHCC) in ATENA? for basic recommendations related to modelling fibre reinforced concrete. The document is included in ATENA installation (PDF) and its current version is also available for download from our web (Products - ATENA - Documentation).
Regards.

hi
I am working with atena3Dv5 what material shall i choose for steel fibre reinforced concrete beam--
for concrete 3D non linear cementitious 2 i have taken with default parameters
for steel plates-3D elastic isotropic
for steel fibres what shall i take??

Cervenka Consulting Forums → ATENA → atena sfrc beam → Post new reply