You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forum updated

We have recently updated our forums system, and we have cleared all spam topics and users. In case we accidentally deleted your account, please register again. If you miss a topic you have posted before, please let us know.

Post new reply

Post new reply

Compose and post your new reply

You may use: BBCode Smilies

All fields with bold label must be completed before the form is submitted.

Required information for guests

Required information

Topic review (newest first)

Yeah, thanks for the email. I could plot the graphs and also obtained the values.

Dear arjun.vithalkar, I understand your questions have been cleared through email?

Thanks for your reply.
I referred the user manual to obtain the results using 'Monitor request' but still I'm obtaining results for only one load step which is currently activated. Can you assist me with a step by step instruction set or at least with some example to obtain a graph between interface shear stress and interface shear displacement?

Dear arjun.vithalkar, please follow ATENA Studio User's, 4.3.2.2 Monitor Request to define the monitor and extract its value from all saved load steps (as instructed in point 3.).
Regards.

Thanks for the solution, now I'm trying to use ATENA studio for obtaining the interface stress values. But I need to plot a graph of interface shear stress as the analysis progresses. How do I obtain that, since in ATENA studio only one step can be analysed at a time?

Dear arjun.vithalkar,
1. I assume you work in ATENA Engineering 2D, where monitoring Interface values indeed does not work - we already know about the issue, and plan to improve in the future.

2. In the current version, monitoring Interfaces is supported in both ATENA Engineering 3D and the ATENA-GiD user interface of ATENA Science. Therefore, you can consider using one of these GUEs if monitoring the values on Interfaces is critical for your analyses.

3. Alternatively, you can also consider exporting the binary result files from ATENA Engineering 2D (File-Export-Binary result files), importing them into ATENA Studio (Create new project from result files, see ATENA Studio User's, 5.1 Processing of Existing Data), then define the corresponding Monitor, and extract its values from all steps with saved results there (ATENA Studio User's, 4.3.2.2 Monitor Request).

4. You may be also interested in Troubleshooting, 2.2.14 I have problems when using the Interface (GAP) material on contacts, 2.2.2 How to model carbon or glass fibre wrap (CFRP, GFRP) strengthening in ATENA? or 2.2.3 How can I model Fibre Reinforced Concrete (FRC, UHPC, SHCC) in ATENA?

Regards.

I'm simulating a four point bending situation on a reinforced concrete slab using symmetry. I've applied an overlay of high strength concrete over the existing RC slab and have to study the interface between these layers. I'm selecting a monitoring point at the interface at a certain integration point to document the interface stress at that point. While running the analysis ATENA gives me an unexpected error without any specific error message. But if I try to document any other stress value like shear stress then it works. I still need the interface stress values for my analysis. Can anyone help me in this regard?