You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forum updated

We have recently updated our forums system, and we have cleared all spam topics and users. In case we accidentally deleted your account, please register again. If you miss a topic you have posted before, please let us know.

Post new reply

Post new reply

Compose and post your new reply

You may use: BBCode Smilies

All fields with bold label must be completed before the form is submitted.

Required information for guests

Required information

Topic review (newest first)

Dear arjun.vithalkar,
1. please see ATENA Troubleshooting, 2.2.14 I have problems when using the Interface (GAP) material on contacts for basic related information.

2. "No connection" means the neigbouring Macroelements can even overlap without any resistance.

Hello,

I'm modelling a four-point bending test with interfaces using ATENA Engineering 2D. When I given interface properties to the line as 'No connection' the model is not running properly, that is I'm getting zero displacement but a very little increase in the reaction force, when I plot the force vs. displacement curve.
Contrary to this, when I give interface properties to the same line as 'tensile strength = 0, cohesion = 0, friction = 0.5', then I obtain a proper force vs. displacement curve but still values aren't satisfactory.
My main concern is with these two methods I mentioned above. What exactly is the difference between these two techniques, as I want to check the behavior of a composite concrete slab in case of a perfect bond and also when there is no bond between the two concrete layers?

Also, when I'm assigning different values to the interface properties, the results I get don't vary with each other.
I expected some change in the load carrying capacity of the composite slab undergoing 2 point loads (four-point bending test), when I vary the interface properties!