You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forum updated

We have recently updated our forums system, and we have cleared all spam topics and users. In case we accidentally deleted your account, please register again. If you miss a topic you have posted before, please let us know.

Post new reply

Post new reply

Compose and post your new reply

You may use: BBCode Smilies

All fields with bold label must be completed before the form is submitted.

Required information for guests

Required information

Topic review (newest first)

Dear do2306,
please see Troubleshooting, 2.2.1 Is there an example how to change the structure during analysis to consider the construction process? for basic related information on structural changes during the analysis.

Regards.

Hello,
I work with ATENA 3D as part of my master thesis and try to describe my problem. Basically, I simulate a beam from an experiment and then do a parameter study. The beam is a prestressed T-beam with a total length of 12 m and 2 symmetrical fields with a length of 6 m each. The beam is reinforced differently in both fields and is uniformly loaded in both fields by a single load. In the experiment, the weaker-reinforced field (Field 1) was strengthened shortly before failure with the help of 5 traverses above and below the beam which are connected with threaded rods, so Field 1 could not fail due to shear force. Subsequently, the beam was further loaded in both fields until the failure of the more reinforced field (Field 2). In this way 2 experiments could be carried out on one beam.

My question: Is it possible to simulate the modification of Field 1 as in the experiment? The Field 1 must continue to be able to twist, as the load attacks eccentrically. However, the Field 1 must not fail due to shear force under further load.
I have already considered that the entire beam is modeled once only with the reinforcement as in field 1 and once with the reinforcement as in Field 2, but I'm not sure if the overall load behavior is not different. I would like to picture the beam as realistically as possible.

Many thanks for the help.

Regards.