You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forum updated

We have recently updated our forums system, and we have cleared all spam topics and users. In case we accidentally deleted your account, please register again. If you miss a topic you have posted before, please let us know.

Post new reply

Post new reply

Compose and post your new reply

You may use: BBCode Smilies

All fields with bold label must be completed before the form is submitted.

Required information for guests

Required information

Topic review (newest first)

Dear Dobromil,

There was no monitor assigned in GiD for this model.
The only monitors are the ones created by default:

OUTPUT  MONITOR_2 NAME "% of load in interval" EACH STEP 
LOCATION OUTPUT_DATA 
DATA LIST "LOAD_CASES_CONTRIBUTION" ITEM FROM 2 TO 2 END 
TRACK ;

OUTPUT  MONITOR_2 NAME "summation % of load in interval" SUMMATION EACH STEP  
LOCATION OUTPUT_DATA 
TRACK ;

Dear Pavlo, isn't the syntax "Output Monitor ... " and "Output Monitor_2 ... ", one being used for iteration monitors and the other for step monitors? Please see the ATENA Input Manual for details.

Regards.

Dear Dobromil,
I have tried this and haven't succeeded.
My inp file MONITOR_EXTRACT.inp:

RESTORE FROM
OUTPUT MONITOR_10 NAME "deflection" EACH STEP 
LOCATION NODES 
Node FROM 7445 TO 7445 BY 1 
Node FROM 23996 TO 23996 BY 1 
Node FROM 25510 TO 25510 BY 1 
DATA LIST "DISPLACEMENTS" END 
ITEM FROM 3 TO 3 
RECORD 
OUTPUT SUPLEMENT FROM 28 ARCHIVES 
"C:\Users\postrovskiy\Desktop\FT\ATENA\FT4_v15-test.gid\AtenaCalculation\FT4_v15-test.0002" 
"C:\Users\postrovskiy\Desktop\FT\ATENA\FT4_v15-test.gid\AtenaCalculation\FT4_v15-test.0003" 
"C:\Users\postrovskiy\Desktop\FT\ATENA\FT4_v15-test.gid\AtenaCalculation\FT4_v15-test.0053" 

run_inp_in_AtenaConsole.bat is located in the same folder with results and INP file:

cd AtenaCalculation

cmd /K start /B "ATENA calculation" %AtenaConsole64% /M CCStructures /execute /catch_fp_instructs /o "MONITOR_EXTRACT.inp" "MONITOR_EXTRACT.out" "MONITOR_EXTRACT.msg" "MONITOR_EXTRACT.err" /num_unused_threads=0  /num_iters_per_thread=0

I get the following error message:

(Thread 1) CCInpFExc: Syntax error reading ATENA input, line: 2, file: MONITOR_EXTRACT.inp, data being processed:
OUTPUT MONITOR_10 NAME
Source line: 2793, file: ..\..\Sources\CCFEModel\process_atena_format.cpp, last modified at: Tue Dec 18 15:14:21 2018

Dear Pavlo, yes, an empty .inp with just RESTORE and the monitor definition + results file update commands.

Dear Dobromil, thank you for prompt replies! I'd like to clarify some points.

dpryl wrote:

I. for manually executing .inp file commands, I recommend creating a .inp and running it in AtenaConsole. Just add a RESTORE FROM command at the beginning to read the results from the last step (or more precisely, the one you have active in postprocessor when preparing the command) at the beginning of the new .inp file.
Close ATENA Studio, run the .inp, then open ATENA Studio postprocessor again.

Should I create an empty .inp file or add this into .inp file created by GiD?
Should I put my code right after "RESTORE FROM" command?

dpryl wrote:

II. I doubt combining multiple quantities in a single monitor ("BOND_SLIP" "STRAIN" "STRESS") makes sense / is supported at all...

This code was generated automatically by Monitor request procedure. I have just tested it, it works.

dpryl wrote:

III. I doubt "Node FROM 19436 TO 19436BY 1" can work without a space before "BY".

It was mistype, of course there should be a space.

dpryl wrote:

Ad 2.: The LC coeffs monitors are automatically generated and show the summed-up multiplier corresponding to each load case. If this disturbs you, you can try to comment-out (or delete) the definitions of "LOAD_CASES_CONTRIBUTION" monitors before the 1st load step, looking like:

OUTPUT  MONITOR_2 NAME "% of load in interval" EACH STEP
LOCATION OUTPUT_DATA
TRACK ;

OUTPUT  MONITOR_2 NAME "summation % of load in interval" SUMMATION EACH STEP
LOCATION OUTPUT_DATA
TRACK ;

OK, it seems that it can be easily done directly from Atena Studio.

Dear Pavlo,
I. for manually executing .inp file commands, I recommend creating a .inp and running it in AtenaConsole. Just add a RESTORE FROM command at the beginning to read the results from the last step (or more precisely, the one you have active in postprocessor when preparing the command) at the beginning of the new .inp file.
Close ATENA Studio, run the .inp, then open ATENA Studio postprocessor again.

II. I doubt combining multiple quantities in a single monitor ("BOND_SLIP" "STRAIN" "STRESS") makes sense / is supported at all...

III. I doubt "Node FROM 19436 TO 19436BY 1" can work without a space before "BY".

Ad 2.: The LC coeffs monitors are automatically generated and show the summed-up multiplier corresponding to each load case. If this disturbs you, you can try to comment-out (or delete) the definitions of "LOAD_CASES_CONTRIBUTION" monitors before the 1st load step, looking like:

OUTPUT  MONITOR_2 NAME "% of load in interval" EACH STEP
LOCATION OUTPUT_DATA
TRACK ;

OUTPUT  MONITOR_2 NAME "summation % of load in interval" SUMMATION EACH STEP 
LOCATION OUTPUT_DATA
TRACK ;

Dear Dobromil,

1. I'd like to request a bunch of monitoring points after I finished analysis. Standard tool seems very annoying for this purpose, so I supposed that I can execute a command with "Execute custom command" with list of necessary monitors (or data extract).
Unfortunately I found that the command generated in Monitor request window doesn't work in Execute custom command (please see the video by the link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jA3MuW … =sharing).

But in fact I'd like to paste into Execute custom command the text below. It doesn't work now. How can I make it working?

OUTPUT MONITOR_10 NAME "REBAR" EACH STEP 
LOCATION NODES 
Node FROM 37298 TO 37298 BY 1 
DATA LIST "BOND_SLIP" "STRAIN" "STRESS" END 
OUTPUT MONITOR_11 NAME "BEAM_CONC" EACH STEP 
LOCATION NODES 
Node FROM 35684 TO 35684 BY 1 
DATA LIST "STRAIN" "STRESS" END 
ITEM FROM 2 TO 2 
OUTPUT MONITOR_12 NAME "Displacement" EACH STEP 
LOCATION NODES 
Node FROM 4861 TO 4861BY 1 
Node FROM 19436 TO 19436BY 1 
Node FROM 30431 TO 30431BY 1 
Node FROM 57862 TO 57862BY 1 
Node FROM 61655 TO 61655BY 1 
Node FROM 75688 TO 75688BY 1 
Node FROM 78419 TO 78419BY 1 
Node FROM 88524 TO 88524BY 1 
Node FROM 102788 TO 102788BY 1 
Node FROM 120964 TO 120964BY 1 
DATA LIST "DISPLACEMENTS" END 
ITEM FROM 3 TO 3 
RECORD 
OUTPUT SUPLEMENT FROM 67 ARCHIVES 
C:\Users\postrovskiy\Desktop\FT\ATENA\FT4_v11.gid\AtenaCalculation\FT4_v11.0002 
C:\Users\postrovskiy\Desktop\FT\ATENA\FT4_v11.gid\AtenaCalculation\FT4_v11.0131 
 ;

2. There are many useless rows in Monitoring points window (and csv file as well) with the text like:

Step [None]: 2.
       LC coeffs [    ]: 1.02
      LC coeffs1 [    ]: 2.
      LC coeffs2 [    ]: 2.
      LC coeffs3 [    ]: 2.
      LC coeffs4 [    ]: 2.
      LC coeffs5 [    ]: 2.
      LC coeffs6 [    ]: 2.
      LC coeffs7 [    ]: 2.
      LC coeffs8 [    ]: 2.
      LC coeffs9 [    ]: 2.
      C coeffs10 [    ]: 2.