You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forum updated

We have recently updated our forums system, and we have cleared all spam topics and users. In case we accidentally deleted your account, please register again. If you miss a topic you have posted before, please let us know.

Post new reply

Post new reply

Compose and post your new reply

You may use: BBCode Smilies

All fields with bold label must be completed before the form is submitted.

Required information for guests

Required information

Topic review (newest first)

Dear Josh,
I suggest to look at the example model installed with ATENA:

%Public%\Documents\ATENA Examples\Science\GiD\Tutorial.Static2D\CyclicColumn.gid

Another option is to define separate Intervals for each loading and each unloading.

Yet another is to use the Type of Definition "Manual" in Define Loading History.

I recommend to also see ATENA Troubleshooting, 2.2.26 How can I model cyclic or fatigue loading? and 3.1.1 How to apply cyclic load?

Regards.

Hello,

I'm trying to model a coupling beam in Atena Static and I am having a hard time understanding how to input a loading protocol with the loading history functions in the interval data tab.

In short, all I'm attempting to do is provide a cyclic loading protocol (i.e displace up by 25mm, then down by 25mm and then back up to zero, subsequent steps will see an increase in the displacement).

Could you please tell me if the "Define Loading History" is the right place to start? If so, could you please provide some guidance/ direction on how to use this tool? If not, could you please direct me to the right place?

Thanks for your time!

Josh