You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forum updated

We have recently updated our forums system, and we have cleared all spam topics and users. In case we accidentally deleted your account, please register again. If you miss a topic you have posted before, please let us know.

Post new reply

Cervenka Consulting Forums → ATENA → Lap-Splice → Post new reply

Post new reply

Compose and post your new reply

You may use: BBCode Smilies

All fields with bold label must be completed before the form is submitted.

Required information for guests

Required information

Topic review (newest first)

Just in few words: you can directly model your lap with real distances between bars and cold joints. However, the important thing is bond-slip relation which might differ for both bars. Unfortunately, there is no FEA tool which can provide you a bond-slip function for a specific bar in a specific concrete. Therefore, you can try taking bond-slip from ModelCode2010 and make a number of numerical simulations to get estimation of lap capacity.

If you need direct advises how to model your task in ATENA you'd better prepare a description of your problem with pictures.

Hi.

Old reinforcement = reinforcement already used in building constructed in 1970
New reinforcement = reinforcement that never used  so far

I want to study lap behavior of both types of bars, because sometimes it is necessary to extend an existing building so lap plays a vital role.

So,

In Atena how we can introduce laps in our model ?

Regards

Hi and welcome on board smile

What do you mean by new and old? Can you show it on a sketch?

Dear Sir/Madam

I have two different reinforcing bars,one is old other one is new. I want to study the lap splice behavior of old-new rebars.

Could you please tell me how to model laps in ATENA.

Thanks

Cervenka Consulting Forums → ATENA → Lap-Splice → Post new reply