You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forum updated

We have recently updated our forums system, and we have cleared all spam topics and users. In case we accidentally deleted your account, please register again. If you miss a topic you have posted before, please let us know.

Post new reply

Post new reply

Compose and post your new reply

You may use: BBCode Smilies

All fields with bold label must be completed before the form is submitted.

Required information for guests

Required information

Topic review (newest first)

Dear pk301, some (most) of your questions are addressed in the ATENA Science GiD Tutorial (or the corresponding ATENA Engineering 2D or 3D Tutorial if you work with ATENA Engineering). We recommend going through the Tutorial before one starts his first own model.

In short: In GiD, you can define mesh sizes/divisions for Volumes, Surfaces, Lines. It is also possible to use an option called "Concentrate Elements" to refine towards one or both ends of a line.
Similarly, mesh refinement can be defined in ATENA Engineering.

Regards.

Dear dpryl,

I think, it could be the mesh refinement. Is ist possible to generate smaller meshes for macroelements? So that in the little macros will be small mesh-sizes and in the big macros big mesh-sizes?
An is it possible to let the mesh size be different in the axis, for example 0,05m in x-axis, 0,10m in y-axis and 0,20m in z-axis?

Regards

Dear pk301, please see ATENA Troubleshooting,  2.4.6 Floating point problems - Division by zero, Loss of >7 digits on the matrix diagonal, CCFEModelExc: CCPardiso solver error: zero pivot,  Warning: Sign of diagonal changed when reducing equation, Floating point exception: Multiple floating points traps, Zero or negative jacobian,  InvertA: zero determinant, CCMaterials Extended AExc: CC5ParamYield F: project_stress_on_f_division by zero, and similar.

The current version of the document is available from our web (Products - ATENA - Documentation).

The most typical reasons are a missing support or connection (Master-Slave).

Regards.

Hello,

I have build a beam with load at the top an support at the bottom. Now I get this error:

(Thread 1) CCFEModelExc: CCPardiso solver error: zero pivot, numerical factorization or iterative refinement problem in phase 33.
Source line: 107, file:
..\..\Sources\CCGlobalMatrix\CCPardisoSparseMatrix\CCPardisoSparseMatrix_ComDef.cpp, lasr modified at: Fri Jul 28 17:02:50 2017

I had look in the Troubleshooting, but had no results that work. The loads and the supports are all on joints, but on Steel Plates, as recommended in the Tutotrial.

Does someone know how I could find the error, and what I missed to control?