You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forum updated

We have recently updated our forums system, and we have cleared all spam topics and users. In case we accidentally deleted your account, please register again. If you miss a topic you have posted before, please let us know.

Post new reply

Post new reply

Compose and post your new reply

You may use: BBCode Smilies

All fields with bold label must be completed before the form is submitted.

Required information for guests

Required information

Topic review (newest first)

Dear dpryl,

I really appreciate your response. After your advice, my model works, and I can finally continue with my model.

Trying to resolve this problem alone, I go through a problem about how the program read the Principal stress in this kind of model. I will open one other post on it.

Thank you again.

Best regards,

F.P.

Dear Fcil, sorry for the longer time need to identify the problem source.

In ATENA 2D, the numbers defining the Bond Function are being rounded based on the [geometry] precision setting from General data "Precision; Number of digits after decimal point". After increasing from the default 4 to 5 it works, but 6 would be needed to keep all the digits generated for the Bond function. Please keep in mind that
1. once you increase the nukmer of decimal digits in a model, you can NOT reduce it back,
2. setting the precision too tight also has adverse effects (in geometry comparisons and similar).

Regards.

Dear Fcil,
we have reproduced the problem are checking what is going on... please be patient.

Regards.

Dear all,

I have modelled (on ATENA-Engineering 2d v. 5.4.1.0) a pull-out experiment with bond modelled. I have used 2 user-defined bond law and it works quite good.

But, when I used the model CEB FIB Model Code 1990 of the program, it gives a strange diagram. The shape of the ascending branch is not regular instead, it changes in 2 points before the constant brunch at the peak resistance, as modelled.

During the modelling, I've read and followed the recommendation on the ATENA-Troubleshooting 2.2.11 and 2.2.12; ATENA-Engineering-2D User manual 2.12.

If you prefer, please have a view of my ATENA file, the output diagram:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ … sp=sharing

Best regards,

F.P.