1 (edited by irene 2010-07-19 15:50:51)

Topic: Multi linear law

Dear Sir,
As for CFRP analysis in Atena 2D, I have chosen to use multi linear to key in the exact values of the stress-strain of CFRP. I found in the theory stating there are four points which can be specified by input. My question is can I key-in the values of stress-strain more than 4 points? There are 100++ points that I obtained from experimental work. As I wanted to compare in theoretical, I tried to key-in all the values that I have. Do they cause any harm to the result? OR the software only can detect four points in the Multi Linear law? which is the elastic state, yield plateau, hardening and fracture? If that the case, i MUST take ONLY four points which I have to choose from the result for elastic state, yield plateau, hardening and fracture values?

Thank you in advance.

Re: Multi linear law

In most cases, 4 points should be enough. Entering a few tens of points is not a problem, however, please do not forget additional points can slow down the analysis (besides increasing the risk of typing errors when entering the values). I would definitely recommend to throw out all points laying on a straight line between other points (i.e., 2 points are enough to define any straight segment of the material response curve). If there are regions with exponential behaviour (similar to Hordijk for concrete fracture), I would recommend to use just 5-10 points, but distribute them logarithmically (i.e., dense points only where the direction of the curve changes fast).