Topic: Shutdown Run immetiately

Hi,

I have the following problem with Atena 3D Version 4.3.0.6801, full version:

I am able to use the Pre-processor without any problems. Comming to the point to run a system (it doesn`t matter which kind of system or geometry) or to have a look at some results made with another installation, Atena shuts down immediately.

I am using an laptop, with Windows 7 Professional, 8,00 RAM,Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3630QM CPU @2.4GHz 2.40GHz

Do you have any idea, how I am able to fix that problem?

Best regards,

Peter

Re: Shutdown Run immetiately

Hello Peter, version 4.3.0 is quite old (4 years...), and I am afraid it is not really possible to support it any more. If your ATENA maintenance is expired, and you can not use the current 5.1.x or 5.3.x versions, you might at least be able to update to 4.3.1g (the upgrade installer is still available from our web; write us your ATENA User ID - WR if you wish us to check if you are eligible before you download and install the upgrade).

I remember some time ago, there were some problems with the FORTRAN DLLs resulting in similar behaviour - do you have some other program using Intel FORTRAN (DIANA, ABAQUS, ...) installed on the same computer?

Have you alredy tried to save the ATENA Input File (.inp) from ATENA 3D and start the analysis using AtenaConsole? That way, you may be able to at least receive some error/warning message suggesting the problem source.
For more information on running analysis using AtenaConsole, please see ATENA Troubleshooting, 4.3.1 I have an ATENA Input File (.inp), how can I start the analysis in AtenaWin or AtenaConsole or ATENA Studio?; the latest version of the document is available from our web under Products - ATENA - Documentation.

Best regards,
Dobromil

Hi Dobromil,

thanks a lot for your quick and fast reply. It worked out by deinstalling ABAQUS and some other programs at the computer.

Coming to my next problem.
I am trying to validate some post-tensioning anchorage laboratory test (without reinforcement) with my numerical simulation. It is quite similar due to your technical paper (V.Cervenka/H.R.Ganz- Validation of post-tensioning anchorage zones by laboratory testing and numerical simulation).

I do get a qualitatively solution with my numerical simulation, but the elongations are way much smaller than in the laboratory test.
It would be nice to get a small feedback, or even you numerical setup you did once for the paper.
Maybe some parameter, loadcases are not correct.

Best regards,
Peter

Dear Peter,
I assume you have already read ATENA Troubleshooting, 2.2.18 My analysis results do not match the experiment/expectations. How can I improve my model? The latest version of the document is available from our web (Products - ATENA - Documentation).

If you wish specific advice related to your model, please send us your model etc. following Troubleshooting, 2.1.1.

I can try to ask Vladimir Cervenka if he can find the model used for the article, however, I do not see it in our list of recent papers - could you please write me the year and, if possible, also journal name (and other information to identify it)?

Best regards,
Dobromil