Topic: GiD tutorial: zero pivot, numerical factorization or iterative ref....

Dear reader,

I've just started using ATENA and tried to work the tutorials.
The ATENA 2D tutorial didn't show any problems. But now I want to give GiD a try.

I have worked trough the manual and defined: geometry (created solids, seem to be right), right layers, defined and assigned new materials, supports, displacement to point, monitoring points, interval data and mesh.

The mesh ATENA generated seems to be the same as in the manual:

----------------------------------------
Num. of Linear elements=2
Num. of Tetrahedra elements=121
Num. of Hexahedra elements=160
Num. of nodes=372
----------------------------------------

After that I start the calculation process, but immediately get the following error:

--------------------------------------
(Thread 1) CCFEModelExc: CCPardiso solver error: zero pivot, numerical factorization or iterative refinement problem in phase 22.
Source line: 107, file: ..\..\Sources\CCGlobalMatrix\CCPardisoSparseMatrix\CCPardisoSparseMatrix_ComDef.cpp
--------------------------------------

The calculation process doesn't start. So I thought I might have done something wrong and started the whole tutorial over again. But ended up with the same thread 1. Even after I tried to make some adjustments: different mesh / and displacement of line in stead of point I still ended up with the same error.

Can someone give me advise how to solve this problem? In the following weeks I'm starting to work on some real cases so I can't rest untill I find the answer.

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

Re: GiD tutorial: zero pivot, numerical factorization or iterative ref....

Dear MHS,
please see ATENA Troubleshooting, 2.4.6.2 Equation solvers and/or ATENA-GiD Tutorial, 4. FE NON-LINEAR ANALYSIS. The latest versions of the documents are available from our web (Products - ATENA - Documentation).

Best regards,
Dobromil

3 (edited by MHS 2016-05-02 09:38:12)

Re: GiD tutorial: zero pivot, numerical factorization or iterative ref....

Thanks. This helped! I should have read the tutorial manual forward. Because the tutorial describes this also.

I guess it was the purpose of the tutorial to make the user aware of this by first letting the user get an error.