Topic: use 1D ReinfLine and Initial strain for ReinfLine

I have a question about 1D Reinf Line. In my model, I need to define some lines as 1D elastic material. They are like truss elements that connect two 2D surfaces. I define the 1D elastic material through 1D Reinforcement/Reinforcement/Material Prototype CC1DElastIsotropic, and assign this material on these lines. And the 1D lines need to be applied an initial strain on them. I use Conditions/Initial strain for ReinfLine. However, it seems that the model can’t be run. I don’t know where the problem is. And the window says"Syntax error reading ATEN input....: COMPRESSION 1. The COMPRESSION is 0 or 1 when defining 1DELastIsotropic material. I don't know why this parameter can hinder the model to be run.
I am just wondering if the 1D Reinfline is only applicable for real 1D Reinforcement that are embedded in concrete and it is not suitable for normal lines assigned with CC1DElasIsotropic material?

Re: use 1D ReinfLine and Initial strain for ReinfLine

The model is set up in GID. When I delete 'COMPRESSION 1' this line in the generated .inp file, and input it into ATENA3D, the calculation can go. It seems that 'COMPRESSION 1' can not be detected in ATENA Win or ATENA3D. But if I want to calculate in ATENAWin, I cann't revise the input file as every time when I click "Calculate", a input file is automatically generated and the calculation is going. My question is if ATENAWin can read manually revised .inp file like ATENA 3D?

Dear Teresa,
please send us your model such that we can try to reproduce your problem. Do not forget to include the information about the exact ATENA version you work with.

If you wish to manually start the analysis (e.g., with a modified Input file), please see ATENA Troubleshooting, 4.3.1 I have an ATENA Input File (.inp), how can I start the analysis in AtenaWin or AtenaConsole or ATENA Studio? for the basic instructions.

If you explain us what you are trying to represent with the elastic bars (see also Troubleshooting, 2.1.1), we may be able to recommend an efficient way of modelling.

Regards.

Thanks for you reply on running input file in  AtenaWin! I've solved the problem.