Topic: Validating experimental results with numerical model

Hi There,
I used Atena 3D V5 for modelling a simply supported beam with two point loading. I used CC3DNonlinCementitious2 model for my concrete and input basic experimental material properties (i.e. f'c, f't, and Ec). I used perfect bond for reinforcement bond and input the f't as well.
My experimental load deflection curve shows a nonlinear behaviour at the yielding while my model shows a linear behaviour at the yielding.
Could you please explain the reason for this?

Re: Validating experimental results with numerical model

Dear Shayani Mendis,
please see ATENA Troubleshooting, 2.2.18 My analysis results do not match the experiment/expectations. How can I improve my model? If you can not identify the source of the difference, follow Troubleshooting, 2.1.1 to send us your model along with information about what you are modelling.

Dear Sir,

This is a new question regarding my new model.
Could you please explain the meaning of 'Shear factor coefficient" in CC3DNonLinCementitious2 model?
Is there any method to calculate the factor?

Thank you

Dear Shayani Mendis,
please see teh ATENA Theory Manual for details, above all sections 2.1.7 Shear Stress and Stiffness in Cracked Concrete and 2.2.3 Rankine-Fracturing Model for Concrete Cracking. You may also wish to read ATENA Troubleshooting, 2.2.4 I want to use the user-defined stress-strain law of concrete to replace that used in ATENA program. How can I do it? and the there referred spreadsheet for better understanding.

Regards.

Dear Sir,
Its about my new FEM which I need to apply the repeated loading. Can I model reinforced concrete beam for repeated loading using Atena 3D?

Yes - please see ATENA Troubleshooting, 2.2.26 How can I model cyclic or fatigue loading? for more information.