Topic: modeling of stirrups in 3D

I made a model of frame in atena 3D. I want to model stirrups with hook in atena 3D. how i model stirrups with hook ?

With regards
preet

Re: modeling of stirrups in 3D

Dear Preet,
please see ATENA Troubleshooting, 2.1.21 When I model the reinforcement, do the bars and stirrups have
to be in geometric connection (with common intersection points) or they can be modeled according to their axis so that  they do not touch one the other in geometric sense?

Regards.

Sir, i go through this troubeshooting manual, i didn't understand how to define joint for hook?

Thank you for your reply

Dear Preet,
if you expect failure or larger local displacements at the hook, and therefore need to model it in a detailed way, please explain?

Otherwise, i.e., if properly designed and built, the hook joint can be assumed perfect.

i want to check the effect of stirrup. I need to model it in proper way . So please help me to define the hook joints .

with regards
preet

Dear Preet,
please keep in mind "the proper way" of modelling is always the simplest one that allows to get the right answers to the questions for which the analysis is conducted.

Therefore, if you think you need a more detailed model, please send us the results from the recommended simple modelling (along with sketches etc. illustrating the real setup, see also Troubleshooting, 2.1.1), and explain what you do not like - it is quite probable that other things are to be improved before the stirrup connections...

Regards.