Topic: Steel Plate rotation

Hi, I set three steel plates on a bridge to analysis and the connections are built. But after 200 interval multiplier and 200 number of load steps, three steel plates rotate inside the bridge and the bridge has no deformation. When I put only one steel plate, it is okay. I am not so sure why this happened. Is there any wrong setting?

Kind regard,
Jia

Re: Steel Plate rotation

Dear Jia, I guess you are working with ATENA Science/GiD?
We strongly recommend going through the ATENA Science Tutorial example before starting with your first own model. The document is included in ATENA installation and also available for separate downlod from our web (Products - ATENA - Documentation). Above all, see section 4. FE NON-LINEAR ANALYSIS.

If you still can not solve the problem, please follow Troubleshooting, 2.1.1 to send us your model etc.

Regards.

Thank you, I have solved this problem. I use ATENA 3D v5, when I try to divide a surface which copied from another one, it shows "Problems in division, Original surface 148 not deleted". How can I solve this problem?

Kind regard,
Jia

Dear Jia,
please follow Troubleshooting, 2.1.1 to send us your model etc., along with the steps to reproduce the message. Do not forget to explain how + for what purpose you wish to divide the surface.

Regards.