1 (edited by hamedsn 2019-03-17 06:26:22)

Topic: Mass concrete hydration

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I hope this message finds you well.

Is it possible to input temperatures below zero and/or cryogenic conditions in the transport analysis?

Best Regards,
Hamed

Re: Mass concrete hydration

Dear Hamed,
you can prescribe temperatures below 0 in Transport, no problem with that.

However, if you are interested in the influence of frost on hydration heat development, as far as I know, the properties generated by ConMix do NOT specifically consider that. You would most likely need to adjust the properties manually. Even the heat corresponding to the phase change has to be taken into account by adjusting the Capacity function.

Similarly, when you later import the Transport results into your Static or Creep model, you have to define the corresponding functions for the material model with teperature-dependent properties (prototype NLCem2UserWithTempDepProps) by yourself.

Regards.

Dear Dr. Pryl,

Many thanks for the reply and constructive comments. I want to consider hydration heat and moisture in a gallery of a mass concrete structure,i.e.,  a RC dam.

Based on the documentation I have to use the CERHYD model. I have gone through the documentation but I just can't understand how the model works:

1- What are the differences between the types of definition "file", "user" and "none"? which one do you recommend?
2- I would be really grateful if you could introduce me some references to give me an insight regarding the parameters used in the CERHYD model. The theory of the model based on the theory manual without an example is a bit difficult to understand.

3- How does the "ConMix" model is linked to the model generated in the GID? should the "ConMix" program be put in the same folder as the GID file? Is there a separate file generated?

I'm using ATENA version 5.1.3f. Many thanks for all your support.

Best Regards,
Hamed

Dear Hamed,
if you plan to use the CCTransport material model with CerHyd and ConMix, you have to upgrade to the current ATENA version, 5.6.1h. Although the CCTransport material had already been available in ATENA 5.1, its advanced options (like all CerHyd ones) were not fully implemented yet.

ConMix is include in the current ATENA installation and starts from the CCTransport material dialog when you choose "File".

Once you install the current version, I suggest to look at the hydration example model (ATENA Science Example Manual, 3.2 Heat and Moisture Transport Analysis incl. Hydration - both the document and the referred example model are included in ATENA installation).

If your expired ATENA maintenance does not allow you to use the current version, please contact us for a renewal offer.

Regards.