Topic: Cyclic zero pivot error or dividing by 0 error

Dear Admin,

I've been experiencing some problems while running cyclic loading analysis. For some reason the simulation ends after a certain amount of cycles...
I've done everything as indicated in the troubleshooting manual.
What do you think the problem is?

Thank you.

Re: Cyclic zero pivot error or dividing by 0 error

Dear njoukhadar9,
I assume you have already read ATENA Troubleshooting, 2.2.26 How can I model cyclic or fatigue loading?, 2.4.2 I get the message "The execution is killed due to violation of stop iteration criteria", what does it mean?, 2.4.6 Floating point problems - Division by zero, Loss of >7 digits on the matrix diagonal, CCFEModelExc: CCPardiso solver error: zero pivot,  Warning: Sign of diagonal changed when reducing equation, Floating point exception: Multiple floating points traps, Zero or negative jacobian,  InvertA: zero determinant, CCMaterials Extended AExc: CC5ParamYield F: project_stress_on_f_division by zero, and similar, 2.1.19 Problems reaching convergence and understanding ATENA convergence parameters, and 2.2.22 How to detect a structural collapse or ultimate load capacity.

Please follow Troubleshooting, 2.1.1 to send us your model etc. The document is included in ATENA installation in PDF format and also available from our web (Products - ATENA - Documentation).
Regards.

Re: Cyclic zero pivot error or dividing by 0 error

Thank you for your reply, yes I have looked at the troubleshootinf manual and we're still facing the same problem.

I sent you guys the model two days ago and still haven't heard back, I'm just checking if you received it.

Thank you for the support.
Regards.