Topic: atena wrapping material

we are using demo version of ATENA 3d. we are facing problem in adding material for the wrapping and interface  macroelements .Is these problem arises due to demo limitation and if not then what is the solution ?

Re: atena wrapping material

Without the model and any additional information I can only say that the Demo version is only limited in the number of elements...

actually what we r doing is we first made a simple beam with two point load......we added concrete, steel, wrapping material n 3d interface as materials.........now for we made applied wrapping at the bottom for that we made a macro element of 1mm thickness at bottom for 3d interface n 3mm below this macro element for wrapping.......... now while adding properties for interface macro element the 3d interface is not visible it only has concrete n steel..... if allow i can mail u the file of the modelling that i done...thanks....

Interface material can only be assigned to interfaces (contacts), not volume elements. Go to Topology - Contacts - Individual - Edit, select the interface you wish to apply the material properties to,  go to the Properties tab, select Contact element - GAP instead of Perfect connection, then choose the defined interface material.

Please see the 3.8.2.3 Contacts section of the User’s Manual for ATENA 3D.

thank you very much .

Can we go for wrapping in 2D. can u plz share some tips on that.

Please ask specific questions.

In general, the modelling is very similar to 3D, just note there are no shell elements in 2D and the mesh generator in ATENA 2D only creates compatible meshes at macroelement interfaces, which means the reduction of the total number of elements compared to 3D will be smaller than in most other cases.

How do we obtain the ' load vs deflection curve in 3D'

See sections 3.8.5.3 Monitoring and 4.5 Monitoring in the ATENA 3D User's Manual.