Topic: ratio

Hello, I want to ask a question, does the "Ratio" in the items of Semeared  Reinforcement  mean the reinforcement ratio  ?
Or  there are some other meanings ?  And could you tell me that how we can get the ratio ?
Could you please give your e-mail so that I can send my picture files to you ?  thanks a lot !

Re: ratio

Have you already read section 4.4.3.4 Smeared reinforcement in the ATENA 2D User's Manual?

Please see the following page for instructions on sending files and support in general:
http://www.cervenka.cz/products/atena/k … isted-here

hello sir. I have the same question as well. By referring to the atena 2D user manual. I am not really understand about the formula p=As/Ac. As is the size of shear for e.g. 12mm dia. Then i have to find the cross sectional area. whereas Ac is the area of the whole concrete beams? for e.g. 2m length x 300mm depth. Then by dividing  this will i get the ratio for smeared reinforcement? TQ

Yes.

Ac = cross section area of the whole reinforced concrete member
As = cross section area of the reinforcement steel - sum of areas of all reinforcement bars crossing the section

Of course, to find the reinf. ratio for a direction, one always considers the cross section perpendicular to that direction.