Topic: Working with GID v9.0.4

Dear Sir,

We are using a rigistered version of GID v.1.09, with Windows Vista. This is the first time to begin working with the software.
We faced a problem, the working area on the screen was very small (3 cm * 3 cm), so we could not work with the software.

We have the NVIDIA Quadro FX 570 Graphic Card. We have already updated the driver definition for the Graphic Card, but the problem was not solved.

We could not be able to find the ''Graphical Acceleration'' check box for the Graphic Card
We could not be able to find "Safe visualization mode" for the GID.

best regards

Re: Working with GID v9.0.4

It is not clear if you are using GiD 9.0.1 (please update to 9.0.4) or 10.0.9 (I have only known about 10.0.2 so far)?

Quadro FX 570 should be fine, definitely not a reason to only have 3x3cm working space. Please check if you have set the right resolution for your monitor (i.e., the native resolution in case of LCD screens, the recommended one for CRTs), and if you have not set extremely large icons accidentally.

I assume you have already enlarged the GiD window over the whole screen, and closed all unneccessary toolbars, which can easily take most of the screen space. Maybe you can send a screenshot to our support email?

Regards,

Re: Working with GID v9.0.4

Hello

Many thanks for the post

We are using a licensed version GID v9.0.4.
I found the solution, but it was a little bit funny. As I told you we did not find "Safe visualization mode" check box for the GID 9.0.4
I downloaded a demo version of GID 10.0.3, and found the check box "Safe visualization mode"
I checked it and return to GID 9.0.4, now it works properly.

Many thanks