Topic: The CC3DNONLINCEMENTITIOUS2SHCC material model

Hallo,

I am using Atena 3D version 4.1.4

While I was reading the Atena Theory Pdf file, I found that there is a material model called (Strain Hardening Cementitious Composite (SHCC, HPFRCC) material),i.e, (CC3DNONLINCEMENTITIOUS2SHCC)
but I could not find it in the data banks/lists that are available in Atena

Could you please help!

best regards

Re: The CC3DNONLINCEMENTITIOUS2SHCC material model

This material is one of the features only available through the ATENA Sci interface (GiD preprocessor), or by editing the .inp file by hand.

In ATENA Engineering (2D/3D), please use the CC3DNONLINCEMENTITIOUS2USER material for fibre reinforced concrete.

Hello,

just a small note this material is available in the ATENA Science user interface only in the newer versions of the software, so you should consider upgrading to the latest version if you are interested in this material.

With best regards

Jan

Hello

Thank you very much for your post
Yes, we are interested in this material model.

How much does it cost to upgrade, knowing that we are using version 4.1.4, and have a program lisence for a university?

best regards

All users with valid maintenance agreement can just download the upgrade installer from the dwnloads page of our web http://www.cervenka.cz/downloads

If your maintenance has expired, please mail to our general email address for an upgrade / maitenance renewal offer. Do not forget to include your ATENA user ID (WR).

Hello

Before upgrading to Atena v426b, Atena 3D postprocessing and GID postprocessing (in Gid 9.0.4) were functioning properly.
After upgrading, When I choose ''Atena 3D postprocessing'' from Gid, I have the following error message:
Error in Tcl Script
Error: Could not write file ''post.txt'': permission denied

if I choose ''Gid postprocessing'' from Gid, I get no results at all.
Knowing that I followed the instructions stated in the Cervenka web site:
http://www.cervenka.cz/downloads/atena- … tena-4.1.4

Futhermore, I have the following problem (Before and After upgrading):
I defined two monitoring points, one for displacement and the other for reaction, but I could not find the results for these monitoring points, neither in  ''Atena 3D postprocessing'' nor in ''Gid postprocessing'', knowing that I performed the same model directly using Atena Engineering 3D but using another material model, and I got the results for the monitoring points there.

Could you please help

The post.txt temporary file is created in the GiD model directory. Please check 1. if you have opened the right model and 2. the access rights of and in the corresponding directory, and 3. you have not opened the model/file in another program or another GiD window simultaneously.

Ad ''Gid postprocessing': please make sure you have opened the right project, i.e., one with calculated results, before switching to the GiD Post. You may need to manually click the "Read results from GiD" or "Import results from AtenaWin" icon to load/import the results after switching to the GiD Post.

The instructions for upgrading TO version 4.1.4.2616 are not of much interest when upgrading to 4.2.6 any more. Just the explanation that+how you can keep the old examples and/or documentation instead of overwriting it with the new still has sense, all else works automatically now.

Monitoring:
ATENA 3D can only display moditors defined in ATENA 3D. GiD Post can not display monitors (we plan to add monitor support into GiD Post, however, there is no easy way as GiD has no direct support for this kind of data). This means that the monitors defined in ATENA-GiD can be
1. displayed in AtenaWin
and
2. exported into the output (.out) file from AtenaWin or using AtenaConsole. The output file contents can easily be imported (as text or csv format) into most programs for producing graphs, e.g., Excel, GNUPlot, etc.

Dear Sir,

I used the GID 9.0.4, and AtenaWin Static to model a direct tension experiment of an UHPFRC, using the material model CC3DNONLINCEMENTITIOUS2USER, I faced the following Problem:
If we did not change any of the other boundary conditions of the problem, for various Fiber Volume Fraction (0, 0.02, 0.04, 0.06, 0.08), I got exactly the same diagram for the (Force - Elongation),
The part of the diagram before cracking matches the diagram obtained from the laboratory experiment, however, the other part after cracking is completely different than that in the experiment results, and it does not match the expected shape of an UHPFRC specimen under tension. (no hardening phase, i.e, fibers are not activated)
this rises the question wether the model considers the fiber content of the material at all?

Could you please help?

AFAIK, the CC3DNONLINCEMENTITIOUS2USER has no "Fiber Volume Fraction" - maybe you are referring to the CC3DNonLinCementitious2SHCC material?
If you are assigning a different material to a volume, please note you have to re-mesh to propagate the change to the mesh if you just run the analysis without meshing, you are just running the old model again (and receive a warning about it from GiD when it is already running). The same holds for changing boundary conditions.

Please send the comparison graph, the model without any fibres and the one with the max. fibre fraction to our support email.

Dear Sir

Thank you for your reply
Sorry for the mistake regarding the material model name.
I have already sent you the diagrams for the analysis results to this email address (cervenka@cervenka.cz), hopping to hear from you soon

best regards