Topic: Error reading results of calculation

Lately I have been working on a new model in ATENA-GiD. Everything was going fine. I could calculate and read/watach the results in the post process.

But than I wanted to make some variations: low and high fracture energy, exclude and include rebar bondage.

So I started copying the first file (which worked perfectly!) in windows explorer. I made some extra adjustments (also in geometry) and finally I regenerated the mesh an clicked on save. No display of errors so far. Than I started the calculation process. This seemed to be going very fine. Load-displacements that seem to be right.

After that I agreed I wanted to save the results. And also agreed that I wanted to see the post process.

Than I clicked on the button: import results from AtenaWIN and got a warning/error: Sorry, but couldn't find the Mesh information file 'PATH/filename.msh' or '-.bon' or '-.dat'   ......    etc.

Is there a problem copying files the way I did? And can I fix this?

Re: Error reading results of calculation

Dear MHS,

1. to create a copy of a GiD model, we recommend the GiD command Files - Save as... (the files in the model directory need to have the same name as the directory).

2. We now recommend using ATENA Studio for postprocessing results unless you have some special needs (please explain what you wish to display?).

3. It is not clear how you have set results saving (in Interval Data) and which exact version of ATENA, the ATENA-GiD scripts, and GiD you are using?
In some versions, manually clicking the icon to import the results from ATENA into the GiD Postprocessor is needed in some cases. I would recommend to run the ATENA Update Check utility to get the latest ATENA version available for your maintenance end date, install it, and if the problem persists, send us your model (see also ATENA Troubleshooting, 2.1.1) and the exact error+warning messages (screenshots if possible).