Topic: Unloading curve for bond strength-slip

Hello,
I'm modeling beams under four point reversed cyclic loading, I have assigned the bond strength-slip material for my reinforcement however I'm not sure about the unloading curve for the material. Does it regain it's strength while unloading ?
If so how can I not allow that to happen?

Also in my experiment, we went beyond yielding and crushing of concrete. In ATENA, the model stops as soon as crushing of concrete occurs how can I push the model further ?

Thank you for your support.

Re: Unloading curve for bond strength-slip

Dear njoukhadar9,
please see the Memory Bond option and the parameter Tau1 - Friction unload coeff. (see also ATENA Troubleshooting, 2.2.26 How can I model cyclic or fatigue loading?).

I assume you have already read ATENA Troubleshooting, 2.2.11 How can I take reinforcement bond into account? and 3.1.1 How to apply cyclic load?

I also recommend Troubleshooting, 2.4.2 I get the message "The execution is killed due to violation of stop iteration criteria", what does it mean? and 2.2.22 How to detect a structural collapse or ultimate load capacity.

If you still have problems/questions, you can follow Troubleshooting, 2.1.1 to send us your model etc.

Regards.

Re: Unloading curve for bond strength-slip

Thank you for you reply,
I will verify everything and if not I'll send you the model