Topic: ATENA 3D Demo, marcoelement not shown

Hi there,

I'm trying to modell the reinforced beam of the Tutorial with the demo version of ATENA 3D.
My problem: The macroelement for the beam isn't shown correctly, neighter in the topology nor in the Pre-processor window itself.  The window just changes to grey, when I generate the macroelement. So it seems that there might be some kind of marcoelement.  I already tried to change the Viewing parameters (e.g. Zoom extend button), but it doesn't change. I also reinstalled ATENA, because I thought it might be a system problem, but I've got the same problem there.
Do you know how to fix it and show the macroelement correctly?

Best regards
Anastasia

Re: ATENA 3D Demo, marcoelement not shown

Dear Anastasia,
please see ATENA Troubleshooting, 3.1.2 Display problems with "Desktop Composition" in Windows Vista/7 for information about the "rendering" option to circumvent some problems with some graphics drivers.
See also Troubleshooting, 2.1.14 Problem with some graphics drivers and 2.1.6.1 Video card.

Regards.

3 (edited by Mehdig84 2018-10-24 20:45:53)

I exactly have the same problem. I check the troubleshooter, but none of the solutions solved the problem.

Try disabling your graphic card and restart ATENA 3D. There are some problems with display in ATENA 3D. I'm assuming that you must be facing the same problem when you try to display the model in 'fit to screen' mode as well

Actually I updated the graphic card driver in Asus Laptop N551JQ (I installed the driver of windows 8.1 to windows 7 and it worked) and then from 'NVidia Control Panel'  option in Control Panel, I adjusted the NVidia graphic card to be used with ATENA program and the program worked properly then. Thanks for the comments.

Yours Sincerely