Topic: Linear Softening Based on Local Strain

Hello,

I'm trying to model in Atena 2D a RC beam reinforced flexurally with FRP. I'm using an Sbeta constitutive for concrete.

I have noticed a better approximation with experimental data when I use Linear Softening Based on Local Strain for concrete in tension, however I'm not sure why would this be.

Also, I would like to be sure what "softening parameter 3" in Linear Softening Based on Local Strain stands for. Is it a strain c3 shown in Figure 2-7 in Atena theory?

Best regards,

José Luis

Re: Linear Softening Based on Local Strain

Also, is there any recommendation for the "softening parameter 3" in Linear Softening Based on Local Strain if there is no experimental data available?

Thanks a lot

José Luis

Dear José Luis,
1. I suggest to follow ATENA Troubleshooting, 2.1.1 to send us your model along with some sketches/photos + explanation + a graph comparing the measured and calculated results, such that we can check it for potential problem sources. If you are getting better results with normal concrete represented with the ductile softening model intended FRC, I suspect there is possibly something else not properly approximated in your model...

2. I assume you have already read Troubleshooting, 2.2.2 How to model carbon or glass fibre wrap (CFRP, GFRP) strengthening in ATENA? and 2.2.3 How can I model Fibre Reinforced Concrete (FRC, UHPC, SHCC) in ATENA?

3. Yes, "Softening parameter 3" corresponds to "c3" in the figure on the right side of the material dialog (which is essentially the same as 2-7 in ATENA Theory).

Regards.

Thank you, I will

Best regards.