Topic: pullout test error

Hi, I'm trying to make a model for pullout test for cylindrical concrete. I use GiD 7.4.4b for concrete & reinforcement drawing & meshing. I succeeded in drawing & meshing. I apllied tensile force to the reinforcement & support restraint on the concrete bottom (area). But when I tried to calculate with AtenaWin, atena sent an error message " CCFEModelExc: Invalid slave_nodes_dof_id: 3 specified, in load id: 0, load case id (internal) 0, name: invalid Source line: 56, file: C:\Atena\Source\CCRhsBC\check(CCRhsBC).cpp, last modified at: Wed Dec 13 11:54:10 2000". Is there any solution?
Then I try to removed all the condition that acted directly on reinforcement (I apply load & condition on the concrete), and atena could run.
Is there any other way so I can apply load directly on the reinforcement bar? Thanks.

Re: pullout test error

The most transparent way is to make the reinforcement longer, reaching out of the specimen, and "wrap" this free end into a single tetrahedron or triangle element with quite stiff elastic material. The load is then applied to a node of this additional element (which plays a role similar to loading plates in bending experiments).

If you still have problems, please send us the model to our support email address (cervenka) and specify which ATENA version are you using (e.g., 3.3.2 or 4.1.3).

Background: Discrete reinforcement bars are automatically connected to the volume elements using master-slave connections. Applying load to a node that effectively has no free degree of freedom can not work.

Dear dpryl,
I've tried your suggestion and it worked. Thank you so much for the solution. I'm a master student of faculty of civil engineering of Gadjah Mada University (in Indonesia). Right now I'm doing research about behaviour of a concrete beam that loosing it's bond with the the rebars. And I need to model a pull out test and verify it with laboratory test (another researcher's laboratory result). What is your suggestion in modelling the bond? How about slip-bond stress relation?Thank you.
Now I'm using GiD 7.4.4b and AtenaWin version 2.1.6.0. My lecturer ask me about recent Atena product and the price? Can I have detail information about this? Thank you.

Nico

You have an offer for the latest version from our colleague in your email.

dear dpryl,
At this this time I still haven't receive email from your colleague about ATENA latest version offering. I have tried to send an email to cervenka contact but still no reply. Maybe there were problems in email network. Will you please check it for me? Thank You.

I have re-sent the mail with the attachments again. I hope this time it gets through your mail filters... If not, could you send us another email address?

dear dpryl,
I have received your email and the attachments. Thank you very much. I'll soon inform this to my lecturer.

Nico