You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forum updated

We have recently updated our forums system, and we have cleared all spam topics and users. In case we accidentally deleted your account, please register again. If you miss a topic you have posted before, please let us know.

Post new reply

Post new reply

Compose and post your new reply

You may use: BBCode Smilies

All fields with bold label must be completed before the form is submitted.

Required information for guests

Required information

Topic review (newest first)

Good day,

Regarding the question about the Fc Reduction, I understand that the default value in Gid Atena is 0.8, derived to the equation of Kolleger (Theory Atena).
However, I would like to know if for models with cyclic load there are any value specific that i can use for my models?

I'm modeling an external beam-column joint with cyclic loading.

Regards

OK, not all values are available for postrprocessing in GiD, this is one of them. I must admit I have not yet used it so far - do you have some special interest in the compressive strength reduction due to cracks?

You can use ATENA 3D or AtenaWin to display it or output it as text.

Hello,

on the one hand the fc reduction is an input parameter but that is the limitation of the reduction of the compressive stress due to cracking. What I mean is the final value of the compressive strength reduction (1=no reduction and so on). In the ATENA 3D post processor it is called "fc reduction".

Dear Tii,
1. the R+number values correspond to the smeared reinforcement layers. Stress R1 is the stress in the first reinforcement layer.
2. fc reduction is an input material parameter, not a result value. Switch to preprocessor and open the material dialog to check or change it.

Hello,

I have a question concerning the postprocessing with ATENA-GiD. Is there any explanation about the values in the post data window? E.g. what does "stress R1" mean?
Moreover I can not find the "fc reduction" in the post data window. Is there any option to include it in GiD postprocessing?