You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forum updated

We have recently updated our forums system, and we have cleared all spam topics and users. In case we accidentally deleted your account, please register again. If you miss a topic you have posted before, please let us know.

Post new reply

Cervenka Consulting Forums → ATENA → Bond-Slip → Post new reply

Post new reply

Compose and post your new reply

You may use: BBCode Smilies

All fields with bold label must be completed before the form is submitted.

Required information for guests

Required information

Topic review (newest first)

Dear Pavlo,

Do you have any em-mail for send you?
I think that is better for e-mail.

Regards

ingrid93 wrote:

Okay!
this is the link of my model.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZquFO4 … sp=sharing

I am sorry, I couldn't open your model (GiD gives an error while loading the model)

Can you make a sketch what you are trying to simulate? Do you have an experiment? Do you have some hand calculations with rough forecast of the result?

pavlo wrote:
ingrid93 wrote:

i will send you to cervenka@cervenka.cz

Regards

I am not sure if Cervenka Consulting can grant me an access to their corporate email smile
I don't work in Cervenka smile
Just share a link to a Google drive or another file sharing cloud

Okay!
this is the link of my model.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZquFO4 … sp=sharing

ingrid93 wrote:

Regards

I am not sure if Cervenka Consulting can grant me an access to their corporate email smile
I don't work in Cervenka smile
Just share a link to a Google drive or another file sharing cloud

Regards

Hi Ingrid
Would you share your model?

Good day, Dear Pavlo,

I was reading this post and now I have some questions about it. I modeled one simple column with 3 cycles of horizontal displacement. The column has only one bar in the center... but my intention is to obtain the curve bond-slip - bond stress, for understand better the behavior when I considering "with memory bond", I guess that this curve will be one cyclic behavior as is explained in the manual.
However, in the results, I have zero slip. I don't know if because my displacement is horizontal and my longitudinal bar is vertical.

Could you help me, to understand better?
Regards
Ingrid

Dear Hasnat,
ad 1.: no, you have not - at least if you mean the model emailed yesterday.

Ad 2.: No need for re-modelling - models can be Transformed into the new version of the ATENA-GiD scripts, and this is offered automatically when you open an old model in GiD.

Regards.

Thanks dpryl and Pavlo,

1) I defined MS contacts correctly, problem still remains same; I'm getting zero displacement and stresses.

2) I will do remodeling in new version as well.

Regards

Hi Hasnat,

I converted the model into the latest version as I advised before and found that all deflections and stresses were zero. It might happen because of conversion but I don't think so. The problem was with MS conditions, see below.

1) Master Slave contacts were defined incorrectly (please read carefully guides about MS conditions). Names of contacts which you want to connect should have SAME names!! Name of Master should be unique for each surface. Anyway, I recommend to read user guides and theory for that. link

2) I defined Delta Slip, Bond Stress and other parameters and it worked fine in version 5.6.1 (I use it as DEMO as well) - link
I couldn't save the model in GiD Demo since it only supports 25 surfaces...

Another option could be to register for ATENA Cloud at

http://vtls.cervenka.cz/login/

- first few hours of use are for free (even without DEMO limitations).

Regards.

Dear Hasnat and Pavlo,
the current DEMO version has been derived from ATENA 5.3.5, and I remember some issues related to bond monitoring have been fixed relatively recently - it is possible not all of the fixes have been ported to the 5.3. branch and therefore in the current DEMO...

If that is the case, I can suggest the following solution (although less comfortable compared to working with the special DEMO installer - see below): install the current 5.6.1 version. Each time you run it, if it does not find a key, it automatically switches itself to DEMO mode. It means a dialog you have to click away every time, but you should be able try the bond monitoring.

And a last note: please keep in mind the Bond monitoring is only supported in ATENA Science (with GiD as Preprocessor) = please understand bond results can NOT be monitored in the current version of ATENA Engineering 2D/3D.

Regards.

There is no difference between demo and full with regard to monitors. You shouldn't take any values manually. Let me take a look at your model.

Hi Pavlo,

I am using Demo version, I didn't get any results from monitor request. In order to get relation of load vs slip or bond stress vs bond slip, I have to get values manually for every step till failure and make a graph by myself if I am not wrong ?

Regards

Hi Hasnat,
There is monitor for reinforcement condition in GiD. You can monitor these parameters from there.

Cervenka Consulting Forums → ATENA → Bond-Slip → Post new reply