You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forum updated

We have recently updated our forums system, and we have cleared all spam topics and users. In case we accidentally deleted your account, please register again. If you miss a topic you have posted before, please let us know.

Post new reply

Post new reply

Compose and post your new reply

You may use: BBCode Smilies

All fields with bold label must be completed before the form is submitted.

Required information for guests

Required information

Topic review (newest first)

I have checked your model. You just linearly increase the self weight of the soil and concrete structure. This is not possible in reality.

You have to create steps which correspond to real construction sequence. You question is not about modeling rules, it is about your inputs which only you have. If your tunnel is being built in a trench, then you have to define 1st step concrete tunnel only and 2nd step - soil weight. If the tunnel is being built by underground excavation, then I would define first step soil only, then concrete, then excavation. It is all about your inputs.

And some more tips for you:

1) GiD + ATENA Science better fits your needs
2) 2D approximation seems ok for your problem while 2D model is much easier to do
3) check sample models which I mentioned before

Model in ATENA3D above of tunnel line is soil (drucker-prager model and apply body force on it )

Point of my project is deflection at specific point on tunnel line.

I need to know about what step that body force full apply to tunnel.

project file : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NeftcD … sp=sharing

What do you mean by "which step"? You define the steps and decide where to apply.
Have you checked sample models TunnelWithConstructionProcess and Tunnel3DWithConstructionProcess?

It would be more informative if you give a description of a real project and we could advise you how to convert the construction sequence into calculation steps.

Hi im doing project about tunnel under soil level .

My question is which run step/deflection that body force of soil is full apply to tunnel .