You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forum updated

We have recently updated our forums system, and we have cleared all spam topics and users. In case we accidentally deleted your account, please register again. If you miss a topic you have posted before, please let us know.

Post new reply

Post new reply

Compose and post your new reply

You may use: BBCode Smilies

All fields with bold label must be completed before the form is submitted.

Required information for guests

Required information

Topic review (newest first)

Hello,

each interval creates a load case... first interval creates LoadCase 1, second, LC2, ...

so if you can use the load from interval 1 in interval 3, you need to uncheck "Delete BC data after calculation" in interval 1,
and use LC1 in Add_Additional Load cases in interval 3

BR Zdenek

Dear DPryl,

I appreciate your response. Actually I found the solution. I clarify the solution so that it may be used by others.
In my Model I have two loading conditions. The first one is a point load applied to a particular amount and then kept constant. While the force is constant a prescribed displacement starts to be applied. My mistake was that I didn't aware that in both conditions Supports must be present (I didn't include the support condition in Force Interval and that was resulting the model to be unstable). Now I correct the analysis by including the first interval with Force and Supports and the second interval with Prescribed displacement and Supports.

Now the problem that I faced is how in GiD the load cases should be chosen. The only thing that I found is "Add Additional Load Cases" option available in recent version of ATENA-GiD Interface(Atena_GiD541_15728). But how the id should be chosen for a load case. Is there any way to obtain the id for a load cases in GiD? There is not enough description for this option.

Yours Sincerely

Dear Mehdig84, please see ATENA Troubleshooting, 2.4.6 Floating point problems - Division by zero, Loss of >7 digits on the matrix diagonal, CCFEModelExc: CCPardiso solver error: zero pivot,  Warning: Sign of diagonal changed when reducing equation, Floating point exception: Multiple floating points traps, Zero or negative jacobian,  InvertA: zero determinant, CCMaterials Extended AExc: CC5ParamYield F: project_stress_on_f_division by zero, and similar.

If you still can not identify the problem source, you can follow Troubleshooting, 2.1.1 to send us your model etc.

Regards.

Hello,

I want to model a reinforced concrete column with an increasing axial force until a specified load. I modeled the column with smeared reinforcement and add two steel plates to the ends, one for applying the axial load and the other for applying boundry conditions. I apply a point force to the middle of the plate. It seems so simple!
However, when I run the model  at the very first step I come to many errors and warnings as :

(*)    Warning: Loss of at least 7 digits in reducing diagonal of equation: 1762, (node: 3021, dof_id: 1); value: 179383
(*)    Warning: Loss of at least 7 digits in reducing diagonal of equation: 1768, (node: 3003, dof_id: 1); value: 100136
(x)    CCMaterialExtendedAExc: CC5ParamYieldF::project_stress_on_f - division by

Could anyone provide some comments to solve the problem?
Respects