You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forum updated

We have recently updated our forums system, and we have cleared all spam topics and users. In case we accidentally deleted your account, please register again. If you miss a topic you have posted before, please let us know.

Post new reply

Post new reply

Compose and post your new reply

You may use: BBCode Smilies

All fields with bold label must be completed before the form is submitted.

Required information for guests

Required information

Topic review (newest first)

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I do not think it's a boundary condition issue, as my model is essentially full fixed at the supports. I will ready through the documentation and send you the model..

Thanks

Josh

Dear joshua.tapia,
most likely, you have some other problem with your model, e.g., a support missing while applying the Shrinkage load, see also
ATENA Troubleshooting, 2.4.6 Floating point problems - Division by zero, Loss of >7 digits on the matrix diagonal, CCFEModelExc: CCPardiso solver error: zero pivot,  Warning: Sign of diagonal changed when reducing equation, Floating point exception: Multiple floating points traps, Zero or negative jacobian,  InvertA: zero determinant, CCMaterials Extended AExc: CC5ParamYield F: project_stress_on_f_division by zero, and similar and 2.1.19 Problems reaching convergence and understanding ATENA convergence parameters. The document (PDF) is included in ATENA installation and also available for separate download from our web (Products - ATENA - Documentation).

If you can not identify the problem source, please follow Troubleshooting, 2.1.1 to send us your model etc.

Regards.

Hello everyone,

I'm attempting to model the impact of shrinkage on a reinforced concrete slab with discrete reinforcement. At the moment, I am using "Initial Strain for Volume" to apply shrinkage.

I'm currently using 80 load steps to apply a shrinkage of 300 micro-strain, however, I seem to be hitting the max iterations for nearly every step. I have tried to increase the maximum iterations to 50, but each step still uses the maximum number of iterations.

I would really appreciate some comments/ recommendations on how to go about solving this issue. Otherwise, is this typical for applying an initial strain to a volume?

Thanks in advance for the help!