I have some problems trying to use random fields in ATENA / SARA. I first wanted to do a simple test, using an example file task.cc2 (Example file in SARA) before I modeled my geometry (of course not half).
I made some modifications on task.cc2 in ATENA 2D.
1. Added a Material with Random Fields (no file specified)
2. Setting Concrete (already defined in the example file) as the base
3. Assigning the new material to the "concrete" Macro Element"
I saved the file
I started SARA studio (v 22.214.171.124)
1. New Project
2. It was impossible to write a directory like "c://folder/..." But I could do that in the menu "options" later on.
3. Imported the .cc2 file and selected some variables (E, ft and fc) (I used a normal distribution COV = 0.1)
4. FREET -> LHS --> General data --> 10 samples --> run
5. started the Model Analysis
I get results and the graphs that are expected in that kind of problem. But when I read in a file (_r.cc2) and I want to see the values of the random field in post-process (scalar > .. > random field values) I get a blue color and no variation, where I expect to see three random fields for E, ft and fc. but I only get "Par (1)".
Some other questions
1. How do I have control on the spatial variation characteristics? (correlation-length and covariance function, e.g. exp(- |tau| / theta ))
2. Where do I find the values of the generated fields in ASCII files so that I can replace them with known fields?