Topic: Crack formation before ft

Hello,

actually i model a uniaxial tensile test and i use the material model CC3DNonLinCementitious2User , but i have a problem that i always get a crack formation with the first time step without reaching the tensile strength.
so please which material parameter that i can adjust to make the first crack form when the material reach the tensile strength

many thanks for your reply in advance

Re: Crack formation before ft

Dear AMR OMARA,
if you get cracks in the first load step, you should probably use a shorter load step (at least at the beginning).

I also recommend to check if the boundary conditions are correct (missing/superfluous supports, ...).

In general, we recommend to first try simpler material models - in many cases, the NLCem2User material model is not necessary, see also ATENA Troubleshooting, 2.2.3 How can I model Fibre Reinforced Concrete (FRC, UHPC, SHCC) in ATENA?

If you decide to work with NLCem2User, please first see Troubleshooting, 2.2.4 I want to use the user-defined stress-strain law of concrete to replace that used in ATENA program. How can I do it? and the there referred spreadsheet.

If you still can not identify the problem source, you can send us your model etc. following Troubleshooting, 2.1.1.

Regards.

Re: Crack formation before ft

Many thanks for your answer. unfortunately i couldn't find solution yet . and i sent to you the model  with full description to my problem .
many thanks for your feedback in advance