1 (edited by zlzhang 2019-11-18 23:42:43)

Topic: Mesh error after adding interface material

Hi dpryl,
I'm trying to add an interface material between two different parts of concrete in order to simulate the steel duct in a prestressed concrete beam.  But seems there is something wrong with the mesh of the interface material. The warning message for error mesh is "Mesher doesn't preserve boundary, amount of faces change". After deleting the layer for interface material, the mesh of the beam can be completed.  Could you please help me solve the problem ? Thank you very much!

Re: Mesh error after adding interface material

Dear zlzhang, you can follow ATENA Troubleshooting, 2.1.1 to send us your model etc.
Probably your mesh size is set in a way which does not allow to capture the shape of your opening.

Moreover, maybe a simpler model of your beam can be used and deliver good results, without explicitly modelling the duct opening, please see Troubleshooting, 2.2.27 How can I model pre-stressing losses? and 2.2.5 How to model bonded post-tensioning cables in ATENA? for basic related information.

Regards.

Re: Mesh error after adding interface material

Hi dpryl,
Thanks for your instruction. I already sent my ATENA file to cervenka@cervenka.cz. The email was sent by the following mail box:2589145663@qq.com. 

Thanks again!