Topic: Node coordinates

Hello,
I am trying to analyze Atena 3D output in post-processor.
I am trying to analyze the output through the option "Files>Print text".
I want to see the displacements, stress, strain, ... in Nodes. My problem is that I can see the information in each Node however I can’t identify where the Nodes are! Without Node coordinates the information isn´t very useful for me. How can I see the Node coordinates?
Many thanks
Ricardo

Re: Node coordinates

Hello again,
I found the option "Reference Nodal Coordinates"! I think is it.
Many thanks
Ricardo

We always like users who can solve the problems by themselves :-)
Yes, Reference Nodal Coordinates = original positions of the nodes (i.e., undeformed structure), Current Nodal Coordinates = positions of the nodes on deformed structure.

Hello again
I am having some unexpected results with ATENA 3D Eng v4.2.5. With concrete material model 3DNonLinearCimentitious2 I am having minimum principal stresses lower than the concrete compressive strength (both cube and cylinder). In some cases the minimum compressive stress is lower than -3x the compressive stress in areas near sharp corners with compression in two orthogonal directions. My question is: is this possible with this material model or is another problem with my graphic card (nVidia)? I am asking because it seems a big difference and I am not very sure neither about the material model (I still am studying it) neither about my graphic card smile.
Many thanks,
Ricardo

Hello Ricardo, this is most likely due to confinement.
Plastic damage primarily depends on the deviator, under ideal hydrostatic stress, the material sustains unlimited stress.
See section 2.2.4 Plasticity Model for Concrete Crushing in the ATENA Theory Manual.