Topic: CC3DNonLinCementitious3

Hi,

I am modelling high-strength concrete column in "ATENA Engineering 3D" where confinement effect is important. I was looking for CC3DNonLinCementitious3 material in the ATENA Engineering 3D but I didn't find it.

Can you please let me know the location of this material in the program.

Thanking you in advance.

With best regards

Parvez

Re: CC3DNonLinCementitious3

Dear Parvez,
1. confinement is of course being considered even with the "basic" NonLinear Cementitious2 material model - please see ATENA Troubleshooting, 2.2.7 How to include confinement in the analysis?

The Cem3 material model is only available through the ATENA-GiD user interface of ATENA Science.

Best regards.

Thank you very much for your reply.

I have another question. I would appreciate if you please answer this.

In ATENA Engineering 3D, while  modelling HSC column I modelled cover of concrete as separate macro element. I used separate material model for cover concrete. The model is running fine but giving higher peak load than experiment. HSC column seldom reach theoretical capacity due to early cover spalling. The cover spalls out due to tensile strain in x- direction (radial direction).

In my model I am trying that the cover should be separated from core concrete when certain tensile strain is reached. It will reduce the cross sectional size and hence the capacity.

Is it possible to separate a particular macro element while a desired strain/ stress is reached?

Thanking you in advance.

Regards

Dear Parvez,
in most cases, such damage/failure mode is well enough captured by crack development = there is no need to divide the concrete in multiple volumes nor define any internal interface at the expected separation surface.

Please see ATENA Troubleshooting, 2.2.18 My analysis results do not match the experiment/expectations. How can I improve my model? for the most common issues, and if you still can not get the expected results, you can follow Troubleshooting, 2.1.1 to send us your model etc.

Regards.