Topic: Cant display the model in Structure window

Hello,
I've just started to learn with ATENA as it is a part of my school project. Im using ATENA v5.3.4. To know how it works I began with "ATENA-Science-GiD_Tutorial". I followed the tutorial step by step until I reached chapter "4. FE Non-linear analysis". There the problem occured. ATENA started the analysis, but I couldn't see my model in Structure window, it was just empty. Even after the analysis the window was still empty so I couldn't see any results. I tried to restart the program, re-install it,  but nothing helped. Do you guys have any ideas how to solve this?

Thank you very much.

Re: Cant display the model in Structure window

Dear mira.student, please see the current version of the Tutorial, which is also available for separate download from our web (Products - ATENA - Documentation) and reflects the change of the default equation solver to PARDISO. You can also find related information in Troubleshooting, 2.4.6.2 Equation solvers.

Regards.

dpryl wrote:

Dear mira.student, please see the current version of the Tutorial, which is also available for separate download from our web (Products - ATENA - Documentation) and reflects the change of the default equation solver to PARDISO. You can also find related information in Troubleshooting, 2.4.6.2 Equation solvers.

Regards.

My problem is that ATENA computes the girder no matter what solver I use (LU, Pardiso, etc.), I can see convergence graph. It doesn't display 3D model in the "Structure" window so I cant see cracks, deflections and so on.

Dear mira.student, please send us your model and a screenshot illustrating what you see. Regards.

Hi There,
I am facing the same problem. I ran a model in ATENA 3D for a beam without shear reinforcment. But Now, I cannot see the model in the Structure Window.  I can still see that the model has all the data regarding macroelements and load, analysis and support conditions etc. The software returns an error Range Check Error if I try to click somewhere in the Window. Can you please help me with that?
Thanks in advance!

Dear Anshuman,
I understand you work in ATENA Engineering 3D (not ATENA Studio + GiD like mira.student).

However, it is not clear from your message if the problem occurs during Runtime or in Postprocessor, or possibly in Preprocessor when you return back there after an analysis?

Please follow ATENA Troubleshooting, 2.1.1 to send us your model and a screenshot or 2 illustrating what happens.

As first, I recommend Troubleshooting, 3.1.2 Display problems with "Desktop Composition" in Windows Vista/7.

Regards.