Topic: Pseudo-diagram in Atena Studio

Dear Dobromil,

Sometimes I need to compare calculated diagrams in Atena Studio with a diagram obtained from tests. One of the possible ways is to export monitoring points to Excel and compare diagrams there. However, sometimes it would be more convenient to compare diagrams directly in Atena Studio.
I found a way to do this with reinforcement diagram: I define a diagram which I want to see and create a dummy rebar in the model. Then I use monitors for this rebar to insert diagram into calculated diagram (model and screenshot are attached).
However, I'd like to know whether there is a more simple way.

Re: Pseudo-diagram in Atena Studio

Dear Pavlo, thank you for your idea, I have forwarded your suggestion to our colleague responsible for ATENA Studio, however, I think we need to concentrate our development on things which are not easy to do with other available tools...

Dear Dobromil,

For sure, there is no need to develop another tool for such simple things. I just wanted to know whether material "Function" (CCMultiLinearFunction) can be used for this. Where can I find any information about application of this material type?

Dear Pavlo, I have discussed your questions and ideas with our colleague responsible for ATENA Studio, and we agreed the most efficient and reliable solution is to use some external graph software, for example the free GNU Plot, and connect it to the .csv file with monitors which ATENA updates after each step, and to another .csv with your comparison function. I guess your local systems admin can help you with this (and maybe prepare a simple shell script/.bat or similar to automate this; you can then even add this to the .bat files created by GiD to automatically start your graph when the analysis starts...).

Regarding adding dummy functions and bars into a model, we think the risks/amount of work to keep it working are too high (e.g., possibly non-negligible contribution of the dummy elements in some situations, or numerical issues due to stiffness differences, or hard to locate errors if some internal buffer/array size limit gets exceeded).

Thinking about it, we have some comparison functions in SARA, if I remember correctly including some graphs with them - maybe you can try to misuse SARA Sci for this...

Regards.