Topic: How to get the support reactions

Hi

I have a RC continuous beam and made all steps for loading rate using displacement control with Newton-Raphson method. Also put all monitor points at loading points to get the loading reaction and put also monitor points at supports to get the support reactions. However, when I take the load results and sum of support reaction, I found them not equaled. So please, I want to know how can I get the support reaction correctly???

Thanks

Re: How to get the support reactions

Dear ahmed,
please see ATENA Troubleshooting, 2.1.13 A monitoring point shows no value, the program gives me an error on reading a monitor value and 2.2.19 How can I monitor a surface (or line) load?

Moreover, check the convergence errors - see also Troubleshooting, 2.1.19 Problems reaching convergence and understanding ATENA convergence parameters and 2.4.2 I get the message "The execution is killed due to violation of stop iteration criteria", what does it mean?

If you still can not find the source of the difference, you can follow Troubleshooting, 2.1.1 to send us your model etc.

Regards.