Topic: Conditional break criteria

Hi

I need to understand the concept of four conditional break criteria to be able to change them, specially in all documents whether turtorial or troubleshooting or theory not have a clear explanation for them. How can their changing affect my model. So please help me in that because It’s very important for me please.

Thanks

Re: Conditional break criteria

Dear Ahmed,
I suggest to (re-?)read Troubleshooting, 2.4.2 I get the message "The execution is killed due to violation of stop iteration criteria", what does it mean? and 2.1.19 Problems reaching convergence and understanding ATENA convergence parameters, then ask specifically about any unclarities left.

Moreover, please explain what advantage(s) do you expect from changing the Conditional Break Criteria?

Regards.

Hi

I tested my beam experimentally and got the deflection values till 35 mm, when I made my beam and used N-R method with prescribed disp. I got deflection till 22 mm. SO HOW CAN modify the criteria to make the atena as close as possible to the experimental, also if I increase the displacement rate to be .0002 instead 0.0001 it will lead to a difference or not???

Thanks

Dear ahmed,
1. I suggest to first follow Troubleshooting, 2.2.18 My analysis results do not match the experiment/expectations. How can I improve my model?

2. If you seek help with your particular model, you can follow Troubleshooting, 2.1.1 to send us the model along with sketches+description of what you are modelling.

Regards.