Topic: Dynamic Analysis (Seismic)

Dears,

I'm still working about dynamic and static analysis for frames in reinforced concrete for my PhD, but i would like know if there methodologies specifics for do these analisis in atena.
Or if there are  examples that can help me better.

Thanks you

Re: Dynamic Analysis (Seismic)

Dear ingrid93,
I recommend to see the examples included in ATENA installation:

%Public%\Documents\ATENA Examples\Science\GiD\Tutorial.Dynamic\BridgeConcreteSinusImpulsLoad.gid

and

%Public%\Documents\ATENA Examples\Science\GiD\Tutorial.Dynamic\SeismicStoneHenge.gid"

I assume you have already proceeded through the basic Tutorial example (ATENA-Science GiD Tutorial).

If you have specific problems/questions, you can follow ATENA Troubleshooting, 2.1.1 to send us your model along with sketches+description what you are modelling.

Regards.

Thanks a  lot,

I saw the example.

And now, i would like know more about the parameter of input. e.g. using the seismic parameter (Seismic of intensity) as the ground motion or real accelerogram.
There is any example described for this type of analyses?.

I would like know how i can input the time history to my model.
I wanna do a dynamic analysis and after develop fragility curves.

Thanks you

Att,
Ingrid

Dear Ingrid,
1. I am not familiar with the term "Seismic of intensity" (and a quick internet search has not delivered any relevant source) - do you mean just scaling some "standard" seismogram, or some approach?

2. Similarly, by "fragility curve" you mean Pushover analysis (proving max. load + ductility), or something else?

3. It is not clear if you have already read ATENA GiD User's Manual, 9 DYNAMIC ANALYSIS?
And the help bubbles related to Ground Acceleration in Interval Data?

Regards.

Thanks you,

So, i wanna do an seismic analysis in my model. E.g, I want input an accelerogram (Time History) in my model and see his seismic behavior, cracks, displacement.

The fragility curves are more relationated with the results, but initially i want know more about the process for input accelerograms.

I saw in an example that was introduced the ground motion but i don't know how i could do it?.

Dear Ingrid,
let me summarize: you have proceeded through the basic Static tutorial example, seen the referred ATENA-GiD section about Dynamic analysis and also the seismogram example model included in ATENA installation, read the related help bubbles, and still "don't know how i could do it".
I am afraid I have to agree the documentation needs improvement (we are working in that direction), but I would expect that you at least could have particular questions (originating from the unclear parts of the documentation) now?

Regards.

Good morning,

I simulated my model as Static Model in atena for obtaing the pushover curve. Now, i would like know if is possibel i did again my model as Dynamic Model, because in this new case i want apply the load and after the ground motion.

I converted my model from static for dynamic and run my model whithout the ground motion, but the response wasn't good.
Is possible do it?

Thanks.
Ingrid

Dear Ingrid, yes, it shoud be possible.. by transforming the model.. but after that, it is necessary to check all material and boundary condition.

Regards

Good morning,

Yes it1s correct. I transport my model for dynamic analisis but i created and checked the loads and boundary conditions without ground motion, for compare results with my static model, but i haven't had similar results with the static. I don't know if i need considered any parameter specific. In the 2 interval data, i applied the same number of steps with t=1 second.
I didn't input any dynamic parameter yet.

Should be consider other thing for it?

Best regards
Ingrid

I dont know..may be yes smile Please send me your model, i will check it.

can i send the model to e-mail cervenka@cervenka.cz?

Sure you can send it and i will check it

Regards,
Mohamad