You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forum updated

We have recently updated our forums system, and we have cleared all spam topics and users. In case we accidentally deleted your account, please register again. If you miss a topic you have posted before, please let us know.

Post new reply

Post new reply

Compose and post your new reply

You may use: BBCode Smilies

All fields with bold label must be completed before the form is submitted.

Required information for guests

Required information

Topic review (newest first)

Thank you so much, Mr. Dobromil!

I am not sure if I understand question (1) - the loads are incremental in ATENA. Zero (0) increment means the force/load from the previous step remains unchanged.

(2) At support, only reactions are nonzero = to be monitored. At points loaded with forces, external forces are to be monitored.

I assume you have a supported bottom surface with many nodes. In such case, you need to monitor the reactions in all nodes and sum the values outside of ATENA (preferably using a spreadsheed) to get the total reaction. To make your life easier, you can add an elastic, relatively stiff "support plate" to the bottom. Then, you support the plate in a only a few points and monitor the reactions in 1-5 points which is much less work to sum compared to the values from all finite element nodes at the bottom of the wall.

Regards,
Dobromil

Dear Sir,

Recently I am proposing to use ATENA 3D to conduct an analysis which is similar to pushover analysis on a single shear wall, thus, please help me figure out the questions listed below, thank you!
(1). Can I apply constant vertical load on the shear wall, rather than the iterative  load case? And how?
(2). It is desirable to produce a curve expressed as base shear versus top displacement, so that the capacity of the structure can be monitored. And I know   this can be done by setting monitoring points on the specific positions on the structures. However, I was still confused how to monitor the base shear? What options should I choose, external force or reactions? And your suggested position of the monitoring point?

ATENA is very powerful in modelling concrete structures! I wish your company will continue to improve it!

Thank you very much!

Best wishes,
Jacky