You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forum updated

We have recently updated our forums system, and we have cleared all spam topics and users. In case we accidentally deleted your account, please register again. If you miss a topic you have posted before, please let us know.

Post new reply

Post new reply

Compose and post your new reply

You may use: BBCode Smilies

All fields with bold label must be completed before the form is submitted.

Required information for guests

Required information

Topic review (newest first)

Dear Qas, without seeing your model and at least a sketch of the experiment, I can only guess - see also Troubleshooting, 2.1.1. Please also send a graph comparing the measured and calculated Load-Displacement curve.
Moreover, it is not clear what information you have about the material?

Ad 1.: Your observation suggests compression (or shear) have significant influence. This might be happening in the experimental setup, however, speaking about direct tension,  I suppose a problem in representing the boundary conditions (or maybe a somewhat problematic or unusual tensile test setup).

Ad 2.: As you speak about plain = unreinforced concrete, I see no reason for modelling shrinkage as there are no bars acting against the volume change.

Ad 3.: If unsymmetric localization is responsible for the difference, you should model the whole specimen.

Sorry, without seeing your model and having some information about the real setup (see above), I can not recommend any parameter changes. I assume you have already read Troubleshooting, 2.2.18 My analysis results do not match the experiment/expectations. How can I improve my model?

Dear All
I appreciate all the valuable advices that you offer here.
Kindly, I have axial symmetry problem for plain concrete under tensile loading conditions and the result I have ( after using all the available suggestion on the Troubleshooting file) still have difference from experimental in terms of initial stiffness and maximum load.
I have some remedies but looking for your opinion:
1-When I reduced the reduction for compressive strength due to crack from 0.8 to be 0.4 the maximum load tends to be as close to experimental results that I have.( the element I used 3D Nonlinear Cementitious 2 .... I don't have any reinforcement).Is that correct?
2- Also I tried to include shrinkage effect by reducing the tensile strength between 0.1-0.3 and it works for maximum load. Again, Is that correct? ( reducing tensile strength)
3- Finally, What values would you suggest( for 2D or Axial symmetry  and plain concrete) for the following factors, please:
                      a-Plastic strain at strength.
                      b-Crack shear stiffness factor.
                     c-Direction of the Plastic flow.
and if you have any suggestion would be appreciated. Looking for your answers.
Best Regards
Qas