You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forum updated

We have recently updated our forums system, and we have cleared all spam topics and users. In case we accidentally deleted your account, please register again. If you miss a topic you have posted before, please let us know.

Post new reply

Post new reply

Compose and post your new reply

You may use: BBCode Smilies

All fields with bold label must be completed before the form is submitted.

Required information for guests

Required information

Topic review (newest first)

Yes, you are right. I started using that and it is helpful.
Thank you.

dpryl wrote:

Dear msmeleven,
it can help, as the 3 icons only act on currently visible ("active") entities (as far as I remember).

Regards.

Dear msmeleven,
it can help, as the 3 icons only act on currently visible ("active") entities (as far as I remember).

Regards.

Dear dpryl,

Thanks for your reply and feedback.

I usually use the 3 icons, but using them is not enough, especially when dealing with huge number of reinforcement bars.

I think defined Activities will be helpful in the post-processor, not during the model creation in the pre-processor. I mean defining group of bars as an activity will not help to copy, movie, or erase them. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I hope newer versions of ATENA 3D will have such shortcut tools.

Thanks again for your reply.

dpryl wrote:

Dear msmeleven,
it really seems there is no keyboard command for selecting/deselecting in the entities table of ATENA Egr 3D :-(

However, using the 3 icons at the top of the table (Select all, Deselect all, Invert selection) and defined Activities, one can usually select what is needed quite quickly. Moreover, in the Activity definition dialog, the Space key selects/deselects.

Regards.

Thanks pavlo. I would consider that next time when I will create a new model.
Your reply is appreciated. 

pavlo wrote:

You would better use ATENA Studio with GiD preprocessor for better flexibility. You can work more easily with geometry in GiD.

You can watch some video for better understanding the difference between ATENA Eng and Science interfaces: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmBQNMw4yAQ (GiD pre processor)

Dear msmeleven,
it really seems there is no keyboard command for selecting/deselecting in the entities table of ATENA Egr 3D :-(

However, using the 3 icons at the top of the table (Select all, Deselect all, Invert selection) and defined Activities, one can usually select what is needed quite quickly. Moreover, in the Activity definition dialog, the Space key selects/deselects.

Regards.

You would better use ATENA Studio with GiD preprocessor for better flexibility. You can work more easily with geometry in GiD.

You can watch some video for better understanding the difference between ATENA Eng and Science interfaces: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmBQNMw4yAQ (GiD pre processor)

Hello,

Is there a way to manually select reinforcement bars using keyboard?

I tried holding "shift" key ⇧  and move with arrow keys but did not work.

Thank you.