You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forum updated

We have recently updated our forums system, and we have cleared all spam topics and users. In case we accidentally deleted your account, please register again. If you miss a topic you have posted before, please let us know.

Post new reply

Post new reply

Compose and post your new reply

You may use: BBCode Smilies

All fields with bold label must be completed before the form is submitted.

Required information for guests

Required information

Topic review (newest first)

Dear Ruben,

I am sorry for late reply. It is difficult to say, which temperature dependent parameters play most important role in increase
in the time calculation. However, here are some general remarks:

- it is better to define the temperature dependency functions such that no parameter drops totally to zero.
  Generally I recommend to not to let the parameters drop below 1% of the original value (i.e. 0.01)

- It is mainly important to have a temperature dependance of fc, ft and E, eps_cp, and of course eps_t,
  but the others can be left constant.

- It is important to use the total formulation with cca 20 steps

- It is also recommended to use the initial stiffness approach, i.e. elastic stiffness and calculation each step.

I hope my answers help and again sorry for late reply.

With best regards

Jan Cervenka

I have noticed that including temperature dependent concrete material properties is the main driver for increased calculation time when doing a fire analysis.
Including only temperature dependency for the reinforcement results in only a minimal increase of calculation time.
(I have done these experiments mainly with the predefined material properties)

I wish to balance a good calculation speed with an acceptable modelling of the temperature dependent properties (so I can quickly see some preliminary results and I can update the model without having to wait a day or more).
Do you know which temperature dependencies for the concrete material are the main drivers of the increased calculation time?
Have you got any suggestions about how I can increase the calculation time, while including a (simplified) temperature dependent concrete model?

Best regards,
Ruben