You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forum updated

We have recently updated our forums system, and we have cleared all spam topics and users. In case we accidentally deleted your account, please register again. If you miss a topic you have posted before, please let us know.

Post new reply

Cervenka Consulting Forums → ATENA → Modelling Foam → Post new reply

Post new reply

Compose and post your new reply

You may use: BBCode Smilies

All fields with bold label must be completed before the form is submitted.

Required information for guests

Required information

Topic review (newest first)

To model foam as NLCem2 is quite unusual. If you need some nonlienar response of the foam, I would recommend to use the von Mises material (originally developed for plastic steel).

Thanks for the guidance.

I modelling a foam which is transferring stresses between concrete surfaces. What kind of basic material should I define for foam (isotropic or nonlinear cementitous)? I tried to define it as cementitous with low modulus of elasticity. But seems need to define appropriate GAP elements to make the forces transfer.

Sincerely,

What kind of situation are you modelling? In most typical cases, foams used for insulation or to save weight can be modelled elastic with a relatively low Young modulus (e.g., 1/10-1/100 of the concrete E modulus) and a perfect connection to the surrounding concrete.

For modelling interfaces between 2 materials (volume macroelements), see the ATENA 3D User's and Theory manuals with information about the Interface (GAP) material model.

Can a foam and foam-concrete bond model be built in ATENA engineering?

Thanks,

Cervenka Consulting Forums → ATENA → Modelling Foam → Post new reply