You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forum updated

We have recently updated our forums system, and we have cleared all spam topics and users. In case we accidentally deleted your account, please register again. If you miss a topic you have posted before, please let us know.

Post new reply

Post new reply

Compose and post your new reply

You may use: BBCode Smilies

All fields with bold label must be completed before the form is submitted.

Required information for guests

Required information

Topic review (newest first)

Dear Robin, have you already looked into the article referred in the NLCem2 material shear description of the Theory Manual:
VECCHIO, F.J., COLLINS, M.P (1986)- Modified Compression-Field Theory for Reinforced Concrete Beams Subjected to Shear, ACI Journal, Proc. V.83, No.2, Mar-Apr., pp 219-231.

The factor of 20 is based on experiments of Walraven (if you can not find them, I suggest to start with references of the above mentioned article).

Hi there,

I'm am refereing to equation 2.47 of the ATENA theory manual, where it states: "sF is a shear factor coefficient that defines a relationship between the normal
and shear crack stiffness. The default value of sF  is 20."

How do we justify using the default value of 20? I have searched in various journal articles and cannot find any reference to shear factor coefficient values and what values are recommended. Do you have a reference for this information that I can use?

Thankyou

Robin